Smarter. Safer. Faster.
Technology is a key pillar of our business functions. Our engineers are empowered to continuously apply innovative operational improvements.
Long regarded as an innovator in the marine terminal industry, we are continually developing our capacity and efficiency, and sharing best practices across the network
From sophisticated IT systems that move cargo in the safest, most efficient manner possible, to the world’s largest quay cranes able to lift multiple containers at a time, creativity and ingenuity drive our goal of meeting and exceeding our customers’ needs.
Innovation at Work
Our engineers have a long history of partnering with vendors, co-developing and testing technologies and then rolling them out.
Our engineering team is empowered to identify opportunities and work toward solutions—in-house or with vendors—that enhance speed, efficiency, safety, and ergonomics, and that reduce vibration, noise, and workplace stress. This ingenuity, combined with DP World’s global experience results in a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
Future initiatives will showcase innovative technologies of all kinds as we work to increase throughput while minimizing the impact on the environment, reduce costs per move, and enhance site safety. That’s innovation at work.
Innovation implementations include:
- Laser scanning technologies for Quay Cranes and RTGs developed and implemented across our fleets.
- Energy-saving, intelligent LED lighting technologies deployed across our terminals.
- Implementation of fuel consumption reduction technologies and operating strategies throughout terminals.
- Cummins Tier IV Final diesel engine prototypes and trials conducted.
- Moving toward the adoption of Shore Power.