Network/ Server Administrator – Vancouver
As our Network/ Server Administrator you are responsible for administering and managing systems, specifically the systems of infrastructure and servers that underlie information technology.
As our Network/ Server Administrator you will:
- Perform daily monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of infrastructure systems including servers, network components, backup systems and key processes.
- Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs and backups to ensure optimal performance of systems.
- Research and recommend new and innovative solutions, utilizing automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Deploy and decommission IT systems including servers, network components and backup and meet industry best practices.
- Institute best practices and improvements to ensure network connectivity and stability to enable 24/7 uptime.
- Collaborate with others, including independent contractors, to resolve issues.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for IT infrastructure systems.
What you bring to the role:
- A degree in computer science, science, mathematics, or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Network/ Server Administrator, or a related role.
- Experience working in an industrial environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure systems including operating systems, consolidated storage, network components, virtualization technologies and backup systems.
- Practical knowledge of automated systems and network monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and skills acquisition.
- Self-motivated initiative taker, with the ability to prioritize tasks appropriately, and work within deadlines.
- Excellent technical communication and Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a technically challenging and diverse environment either independently or with others.
No phone calls or agencies please. DP World Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, testing and pre-employment medical examination. To be eligible for hire, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must successfully obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how.
This posting will close January 30, 2019; please apply here: Network/ Server Administrator – Vancouver.