Safety, Security and Environment Administrative Assistant (Temporary) – Prince Rupert
As our Temporary Safety, Security and Environment Administrative Assistant you are responsible for the administration of the safety, security and environmental programs. This is for a 3-month contract, with possibility of extension.
As our Temporary Safety, Security and Environment Administrative Assistant you will:
- Provide full administrative support to the Safety, Security and Environment team.
- Create, maintain and/or enter information into databases.
- Prepare materials for new hire safety orientations and other safety related training.
- Maintain safety documents and information in the safety management system.
- Maintain safety statistics, tracking and reporting, and other record keeping responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist with the coordination of events as required.
- Assist other members of SSE team as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the role:
- Post-secondary training, combined with at least two years’ experience in an administrative roll.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact well with people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, plus the demonstrated ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Sound judgement and analytical thinking that enables decision making, ability to manage projects and prioritize and manage timelines.
- A positive, hands on approach and the ability to work as a team member.
No phone calls or agencies please. DP World Prince Rupert is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. To be eligible for hire you must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how.
Deadline to apply is December 21, 2018. Please visit SSE Administrative Assistant (Temporary) – Prince Rupert.